Pages

6.20.2013

NBA Finals: We finally get a game 7!

We've had one game seven in the last six years, that's saying something pretty profound.  It tells me that the last six years have been predominantly owned by a team much more skilled than the other.  Well that's not the case here.  Here we have two teams who are highly regarded in the league.  On one hand, you have a master tactician and knows just how to pry and pick a team apart.  On the other hand, you have the best player in the world, and arguably the second best as well.  Both sides possess equal opportunity to win this, but it will all come down to who can finish.


I believe we're past the point of a blow out from either team (at least I hope so).  I believe this will come down to the final seconds of the game.  A real nail biter!  I expect both sides to come out gunning early, and I expect each team to play to that very last buzzer (you better stay Miami fans).  However, I can't pick both teams to win, and that's where my pick comes in.  I pick... for the 2013... Finals champion... to be...

Ha yeah right.  No, I have chosen the Miami Heat to take game 7.  They aren't the team that I've been wanting to win, I'll be honest.  However, I didn't think it would get to a game 7 either.  I was pretty certain that the series would be over at the latest by a game 6, and I was nearly right in the estimation.  Nonetheless, the Heat found their heart, they found a new gear and they came back and won.  Kudos to them I say, they made some pretty miraculous plays in the end and you know what, they deserved to win after coming back from that deficit.  If San Antonio can't close a game like that then they just don't deserve it.

It was a hard pick to come up with.  I have been pro-Spurs the entire series, but I never anticipated a game 7.  I knew that if it came down to a game 7 it would go to the Heat.  I simply do not buy into the idea that the Spurs can want it more in this scenario.  Sure they want it, and boy do they want it bad but you're going to have a hard time convincing me that King James and company won't put this game away.  It may not be pretty, and I think it's going to be a nail biter, 88-90 Heat.  I still think all in all, Popovich is a better coach, and Spurs are a better team.  Don't get it twisted, the Heat still have the two best players in the world, but body for body the Spurs are a much better built team and I still think they play better as a team then Miami.

I just don't think that the Spurs can pull this one out.  I think they'll come up short.  They're playing in Miami yet again, they just came off a heartbreaking loss, where they could have, and for all intensive purposes, should have closed this game out.  I think the Heat will roll with that victory and they'll pull through yet again.  Congrats, Bron you got your second ring, cue the "Like Mike discussions".

I wanna see who you guys and gals picked to win game 7 and become the NBA champs for the 2013 season, sound off!

No comments:

Post a Comment