Pages

6.19.2013

The Heat: Where's the big 3?

As the opener for my Sports section, I feel inclined to talk about the Heat.  Oh yes, the almighty Heat and their King.


The question I'd pose is, "Where are the big 3?".  After watching a game 6, which I felt was incredibly entertaining, I can't help but feel even more so that the South Beach Boys aren't what they thought they'd be. It was an incredible idea, and for all we knew it was going to absolutely kick butt, but we're not seeing that.  No, we're seeing Bosh under perform consistently (choosing the 20ft J vs a post up to the rack as a Center... bahhaahahaha!)
Wade seems to be losing his steam at a seemingly young age, and they've only won 1 ring...  Oh LeBron?  No, I've got relatively little to say about him.  He's the best... Not much else to say about it.  I don't think he's better than Michael, but you don't have to be.  You need a team, you need a cast around you that can get you there.  People from Miami let me enlighten you a little bit, and my wife will have to forgive me (she's a Miami native).  Cleveland had LBJ as well, they didn't win anything, and continued to come up short because guess what, THEY HAD NO SUPPORTING CAST!!!  So please, spare me the, "Oh, we got LeBron we're unstoppable" comments.

But I digress.  The problem is that Bosh isn't performing like we thought/think he should, and D-Wade is starting to see the pitfalls of age creep up on him.  I'll be honest, I was one to think that this combo was going to absolutely dominate.  The East has been mostly garbage till this and last year.  Indiana shows promise, but I don't think anyone else challenges the Heat save it be the Pacers.  That's reason enough to think the Heat aren't proving anything.  Then there's what we're seeing right now.  You're in the finals, and you've been falling behind.  How does that happen when you have the best player in the world, arguably the second best, and a third that was supposedly one of the most dynamic big men in the league?  Not to mention you picked up the best three point shooter ever to play, and you have an above average starting 1 guard.  How are you even losing?! My mind is utterly blown.


I, and I'm sure most everyone else expects utter dominance, I'm talking Djokovic dominance, from a team with this makeup.  If the Heat drop this series, what happens?  In my opinion (and you can take this with a grain of salt) they need to make some personnel changes or else I fear they'll lose LBJ's interest.  Don't feel like LeBron is going to stick around just because of South Beach and the comradery  James may have with Wade.  When you're in it to win it, location and even friendship takes a back seat.  You go where you'll win. If he starts to feel like the window is closing in Miami, you might see King James giving another, "I'm taking my talents to insert band wagon city here"

So what do you think? Blow this thing partially apart and get some pieces that could show consistency, or do they keep on trucking and hope that more rings will come?

No comments:

Post a Comment