Pages

6.26.2013

LCS Week 2 Breakdown, and game of the week!

So it's week 3 of the LCS, and for those of you still not quite certain what it is, I invite you to check out the link and see what all the fuss is about!

I have to be honest, I don't have sound on my computer at the moment so I haven't been able to follow the league as much as I'd like.  Nonetheless, I'm making a concerted effort to keep up with it to give you all the latest and greatest concerning ESports nation as it pertains to the League of Legends scene.


Surprises
Well to be honest, the biggest surprise so far is that the team with the best record is a team that made it in through the promotional tournament!  I mean that's pretty embarrassing, that's like The Rock coming to the gym and teaching this guy how to lift...
(Butterfly wings)
It's not supposed to happen! I'm not surprised that Team Solo Mid is lagging behind a little.  They were kind of just hanging around during the Spring split, and it wasn't till they made a roster adjustment and got to the second half of the split that they finally upped their game, so I'm not too worried about them.

This Cloud 9 team fighting.  I'm fascinated by their ability to pull together and orchestrate team fights just the way they want them.  How about that Curse match they played?  I mean can a team ask for a better start to a match than what Curse had?  I think not!  Yet through outstanding team play they came together and stomped on Curse in the late game.  I'm really excited for what this team has to offer!  

Overall, I'm pretty surprised about these standings so far.  I wouldn't have ever, in a million years, predicted that a promo team would take the #1 spot.  I know it's early, and I learned my lesson with Curse's domination in the Spring, so I'm not too concerned with how things are playing out.  That could change in the next 2 weeks though.

Disappointments
Saintvicious... I just don't feel like he's delivering the way he did during the Spring split.  It's week 2 and after looking over the numbers for week 2 of the Spring, it's clear that he's just not in his same rhythm.  He needs to get his gold numbers up.  He's a player that's been known for his farm, and especially as a Jungler.  If he doesn't up these numbers I think he becomes a sub-par position player.

I'm really disappointed in the production of CLG.  This is one of the oldest League Of Legends professional teams, and they have a lot of success under their belts, but I am not seeing a CLG of old.  This is a neo-CLG team, and honestly this is one of those times that a blast from the past is extremely necessary, and needs to happen sooner than later.

Game of the Week
The game of the week will be Curse vs Team Coast.

I normally wouldn't say that a #7 team vs a #2 team would be a top game to watch, but it's Curse we're talking about here.  You've got arguably the best Top Laner in the game, and a Jungler who is revered as the best ganker in the game.  It's never a sure bet that any team will beat them.  The polls show a similar story as well.

I pick Curse to win it.  I suspect that the game will be an average amount of time, probably close to 40 minutes or so.  I don't think it will be a landslide victory, I mean Team Coast is #2 for a reason.

So what do you ESports fans think?  Will Saint get his act together and find a gold surplus, or will Team Coast steal a victory and send Curse deeper down the rabbit hole?

No comments:

Post a Comment